24. General Meetings
24.1 Annual general meetings—holding of
24.2 Annual general meetings—calling of and business at
(1) The Annual General Meeting of the Association is, subject to the Act and to clause 24.1, to be convened on such date and at such place and time as the Board thinks fit, provided it is held no later than 30 November in each year.
(2) In addition to any other business which may be transacted at an AGM, the business of the AGM shall be:
(a) to confirm the minutes of the last preceding AGM and of any SGM held since that meeting;
(b) to receive from Committees or Officials reports on the activities of the Association during the last preceding financial year;
(c) to receive and consider any financial statement or report required to be submitted to members under the Act;
(d) for the Association to affiliate as required by clause 11.1.
(3) New clubs desiring affiliation for the following season shall then be admitted.
(4) The Chairperson shall next declare all offices vacant and pass control of the meeting to an appointed returning officer who shall be drawn from among those members present who do not hold office and are not nominated for election. The returning officer shall receive and announce the result of the election and pass control of the meeting to an elected nominee who will Chair the remainder of the AGM.
(5) At this stage the meeting shall continue to General Business including any alterations to the Constitution, by special resolution.
(6) An AGM must be specified as such in the notice convening it.
24.3 Management Committee Meetings
(2) The MCM shall hear any matter which may result in the expulsion of any Club from participating in any competition or matches under the jurisdiction of the Association.
24.4 Special General Meetings
(a) By a resolution carried at a MCM.
(b) By a decision of the majority of the Board.
(c) By a requisition in writing to the Secretary of the Board signed by the Secretaries of at least three affiliated Clubs.
(d) By a requisition in writing to the office of the Association from any Club whose affiliation has been rejected by the MC.
(e) By a requisition in writing by any member except Life Member.
(c) May consist of several documents in a similar form, each signed by one or more of those making the requisition.
(3) If the Board fails to convene a SGM to be held within one month after the date on which a requisition for the meeting is lodged with the Secretary of the Board, any one or more of those who made the requisition may convene a SGM to be held not later than three months after that date.
(4) SGMs may be called for the following purposes only:-
(6) Making of Decisions:
(ii) in any other case, in such manner and at such time before the close
(a) No item of business shall be transacted at a SGM unless a quorum of members is present during the time the meeting is considering that item.
(b) A quorum shall consist of a majority of the elected officials 2/3 of Affiliated Clubs
(c) If within half an hour after the appointed time for the commencement of a SGM a quorum is not present, the meeting if convened upon the requisition of members shall be dissolved and in any other case shall stand adjourned to the same day in the following week at the time and (unless another place is specified at the time of the adjournment by the person presiding at the meeting or communicated by written notice to members given before the day to which the meeting is adjourned) at the same place.
(d) If at the adjourned meeting a quorum is not present within half an hour after the time appointed for the commencement of the meeting, the members present (being not less than seven) shall constitute a quorum.
(e) The accepted rules of Parliamentary Debate shall apply to all SGM's.
(8) Presiding Member:
(a) The Chairperson, or in the Chairperson's absence, the Vice Chairperson, shall preside as Chairperson at each SGM of the Association.
(b) If the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson are absent from a SGM or unwilling to act, the members present shall elect one of their number to preside as chairperson at the meeting.
The Chairperson of a SGM at which a quorum is present may, with the consent of the majority of members present at the meeting, adjourn the meeting from time to time and place to place, but no business shall be transacted at an adjourned meeting other than the business left unfinished at the meeting at which the adjournment took place.
(a) All members shall be entitled to one vote except in the case of a member-affiliated Club which shall be entitled to one vote per delegate. A member Club shall be entitled to one delegate for each five teams or part thereof plus their delegate at the MC. Note that a Premier League team or a Super league team shall count as 2 teams for the purposes of this clause 24.4 (10) (a).
(b) All votes shall be given personally.
(c) There shall be no voting by proxy.